At RedBorder Ltd we understand the importance of change in order to survive and thrive in the world of business.
With that said we would like to announce the change of name to our retail display course. Previously known as Passion for… Fashion, the new name will be #Design, #Create, #Display !
For all of the educational establishments and local authorities who have previously booked the course students can still expect to receive the same Fun Interactive Learning Through Education and Retail (FILTER) programme which they have previously enjoyed and signed up for.
#Design, #Create, #Display is a course that is designed to teach students the basics of Visual Merchandising, display, promotions and advertising techniques and how they all interlink with Visual Merchandising. It is a taster course for individuals to introduce the Art of Visual Merchandising to students who may be considering a creative path but not sure of all the options available to them.
This course aims to encourage creativity and to deliver an interesting, challenging, exciting, informative course, to also give an insight and a heads up on some of the requirements needed in order to get into the Retail and or visual merchandising industry.
#Design, #Create, #Display follows our key ethos of Fun Interactive Learning Through Education & Retail (FILTER)
Our main course objectives are
- Young People achieve personal and social development and enjoy recreation that includes developing or improving skills that benefit their life changes.
- Young People become confident and learn decision making skills through fun
- Young People gain experiences that present challenges and adventure within risk assessed activities.
- Young People develop greater self confidence.
Students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- The students will be able to demonstrate the basic levels of Visual merchandising and the art of merchandising, the will have the opportunity to have design, pitch, create and install a window display for a retailer. They will also learn about styling techniques and have the opportunity to enter the Passion for… Fashion competition. This knowledge will be invaluable to them should they choose to go into the industry as fundamentally they will be able to demonstrate to an interviewer that they are aware of the basic skills required to become a visual merchandiser.
- Compete against other class members to style the mannequin and win the Passion for… Fashion award
- Class Discussion on their finding
- Work in teams to create a window display for a retailer of which the retailer will decide which one they prefer.
- Then they will all work together as a class to bring the display to life by sourcing products and making products
Enjoy and Achieve
- Mannequin Styling Competition
- Visit stores and analyse how retailers come up with their in store and window displays.
- Design a window display for a retailer
- Pitch, create and implement the display into the retailer shop window
- Win a Yr’s subscription to glamour magazine and the coveted #Design, #Create, #Display award!